1. Your Property Was Priced too High! Like it or not, price is generally the main culprit when it comes too why homes do not sell. Yes the property might be in a poor location or other negative factors about the real estate, but the bottom line is that somewhere out there at “some” price there is a buyer willing to purchase the real estate. If the price is attractive enough or priced below market value there is always a buyer willing to purchase it. Making certain your real estate is priced at market value is important if you’re serious about selling.
2. Your property Was Not in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). If your agent did not belong to the MLS then your home may not have been exposed to the right number of agents. It’s imperative that your property be in the correct position in the local MLS to gain the maximum exposure to the agents selling property in your area.
3. Lack of Staging. Did your real estate agent help stage the home? If not, this could be one of the problems for finding a buyer for your property. Remember that you can do all of the staging in the world but if your real estate is priced too high then staging will not work. One of the ways that you can determine if staging is a factor is to the number of showings you had. A lot of showings and no offers then staging might help. It could also be related to price but this is an area that I can assist with as a real estate professional.
4. Photos, Photos, Photos. Although the purpose of this report is to not downgrade or take advantage as to the competition it is to help draw some conclusions or questions to ask yourself why your property did not sell. Many times as a real estate professional I have noticed properties listed that had few if any photos or virtual tours added to the local MLS or company web site. I cannot commit on this fact or issue with your property but it is one you should ask yourself and see if this is an area that could be improved upon.
5. Lack of Facts. As noted earlier, this report is not to take advantage of our competition or cast negative remarks about our competitors or other agents, however sometimes a common overlooked aspect of marketing a home is the lack of information. Did your agent have the needed facts to convey to buyers and other agents about updates and additions made to your property? These facts can be a good marketing tool to use in showing potential buyers what improvements and upgrades you have made to the property. This information is very helpful for agents and buyers when your property is shown.
6. Lack of Open Houses. Many agents do not like to hold open houses to the public or for other real estate agents. I believe it is important to expose as many people as possible (other agents and the general public) to the properties I have for-sale. Open houses are excellent ways to get people inside your dwelling and then get them interested in the property! The more marketing programs the better for everyone involved. One of my popular marketing tools is through the use of open houses.
7. Working with the Neighbors. Who better wants to sell your home than the neighbors? That’s not too say that your neighbors will be glad to see you leave, only that they will have a concern as to who might move in. Many times the neighbors in your area would love to help find the right family that they are acquainted with and know on a personal level. There’s something about having friends living close by that is a good feeling. Usually if your neighbors can help in selling your property they will! This is generally a winner for everyone involved. As a real estate professional if I’m chosen to work for you I promise to work closely with your neighbors and make sure they have the needed information to share with any friends or acquaintances they may know who might be interested in your home.
8. No Internet Presence. Unfortunately many real estate agents still do not have their own web sites. Many buyers are going to the World Wide Web to get information about homes for-sale. If your property was not properly positioned on the web for these new tech savvy buyers then you’ve missed a golden opportunity for potential buyers. I will make sure your property is placed on our web site and given full exposure to internet buyers shopping for a home in our marketplace.
9. Communication. One of the main goals and functions who lists a property is to a make certain the listing is conveyed to the other real estate agents in the community. Marketing flyers, property data sheets with detailed information in flyer boxes, along with other important features about your home need to be readily available for the buying public. Perhaps your property needed a little bit more of a push to the other agents in the area. One of my main functions is to always keep our properties in front and promoted to the other real estate agents throughout the community. My philosophy is that the agents in our marketplace may have a buyer on any given day. Making sure they are exposed to your listing is exposed to the agent population and in front at all times is essential to help speed up a sale for your property. After all, most homes are sold by someone else other than the listing agent and seeing that your property details are in front of the other top agents in our board is essential!
10. Some Properties Just Don’t Always Sell! Unfortunately you can used the services of any agent in your market area and chances are your house would not have sold. As I’ve noted earlier there are a lot of great real estate agents in community and many work very hard at what they do. Unfortunately not all properties sell nor can we always show your property in every situation. It’s never a good idea to make the seller “think” we are working hard or have prospects when we don’t. Don’t be discouraged if you did not have a sell the first go around. Make sure your property is priced correctly, follow the suggestions with these tips, have a positive outlook and I’m certain your real estate will sell soon. Oftentimes in my real estate career that other agents have had listed and sold them quickly. The same thing has happened to me with other agents. I would have a home listed and it did not sell and then another company would get it and it would sell fast. I don’t have all of the reasons or facts why this happens only to say that a fresh new sign, a new marketing plan and a change can be a good thing for everyone involved. If you think you might be ready for a new plan and some fresh ideas I would love to visit with you.
Feel free to call me at Carolyn Giandonato at (239) 243-4082.
Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.
Copyright © 2017 Mid Florida MLS. All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of Mid Florida MLS. Information provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Sellstate Priority Realty participates in the MFRMLS Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program, allowing display of other MFRMLS broker's listings on this site. However may not include all listings currently available. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Information last updated at 2017-08-22 11:59:01.
Copyright 2017 Multiple Listing Service of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc.; All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site is the copyrighted and proprietary database of the Multiple Listing Service of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc. The properties displayed may not be all of the properties in the MLS\' database, or all of the properties listed with Brokers participating in the cooperative data exchange program. Properties listed by Brokers other than Sellstate Priority Realty are marked with BR logo and include the name of the listing Brokers. Information provided is thought to be reliable but is not guaranteed to be accurate; buyers are advised to verify facts before making the decision to purchase a property. No warranties, expressed or implied, are provided for the data herein, or for their use or interpretation by the user. Information provided is for consumer\'s personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. This site will be monitored for \'scraping\' and any use of search facilities of data on the site other than by a consumer looking to purchase real estate, is prohibited. Listing broker has attempted to offer accurate data, but buyers are advised to confirm all items. Information last updated on 2017-08-22.
Already registered? Login
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
Sign in to take advantage of all this site has to offer. Save your favorite listings and searches – also receive email updates when listings you like come on the market for free!
*Contact Information NOT Shared*